20+ year of experience
Trial ready
Personal attention

Good People. Great Lawyers.
Outstanding Results. Find out if you have a case Find out if you have a case

CPS and Juvenile Dependency Lawyers in California: Your FAQs Answered

April 28, 2023

CPS and Juvenile Dependency Lawyers in California: Your FAQs Answered - 2023

CPS and Juvenile Dependency Lawyers in California: Your FAQs Answered

If you’re a parent or guardian in California, you may find yourself facing a Child Protective Services (CPS) investigation or a juvenile dependency case.

These types of cases can be emotionally challenging and legally complex, and it’s essential to understand your rights and legal options.

In this article, we’ll answer some of the most frequently asked questions about CPS and juvenile dependency cases in California.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What should I do if CPS contacts me?

A: If CPS contacts you, it’s important to cooperate with the investigation while also protecting your rights. Therefore, you have the right to have a CPS lawyer present during any meetings or interviews with CPS, and it’s a good idea to consult with a CPS lawyer as soon as possible.

Q: Can I get my child back from foster care?

A: If your child has been placed in foster care, it’s possible to work towards reunification. A CPS lawyer can help you understand what steps you need to take to regain custody of your child, such as completing parenting classes or therapy.

However, it’s important to note that the court’s primary concern is the safety and well-being of the child, so you will need to address any concerns that led to the removal in the first place.

Q: What happens if I can’t regain custody of my child?

A: If it’s determined that you cannot provide a safe and stable home for your child, the court may terminate your parental rights. As a result, you will no longer have legal custody or visitation rights with your child.

Working closely with your CPS lawyer to prevent this outcome, and exploring other options, such as kinship care or guardianship, is essential.

Q: How long does a CPS or juvenile dependency case take?

A: The length of a CPS or juvenile dependency case can vary depending on the circumstances.

In some cases, a case can be resolved in months; in others, it may take years. Therefore, being patient and working closely with your lawyer throughout the process is essential.


A: If you have been accused of abuse or neglect, it is crucial to get a CPS lawyer as soon as possible.

You deserve to have a CPS lawyer who will help you fight to get your children back. If you are dealing with a juvenile dependency case, child-welfare services case, or CPS case in California, you need the juvenile dependency attorneys at ALL Trial Lawyers by your side.

Don’t risk calling the wrong lawyer. If CPS is investigating you, you do not have to deal with them alone. 

We know how the juvenile court process in California works. We have handled hundreds of juvenile dependency cases in Orange CountySan Diego CountyLos Angeles CountySan Bernardino County, and Riverside County.

Whether you are in Newport BeachIrvineFullertonLaguna HillsMission ViejoGarden GroveAnaheim, or any city in Orange County, we are here to help.

We have an office located near you, and we’re ready to start working on your case.

Call us now to speak to a CPS lawyer and for your free consultation. Call (866) 811-4255.

Dealing with a CPS case can be scary. You don’t have to face a CPS case alone.


Facing a CPS or juvenile dependency case can be a challenging experience for any parent or guardian.

However, with the help of a skilled and experienced CPS lawyer or juvenile dependency lawyer, you can navigate the legal process and protect your rights.

In California, it’s important to understand the specific laws and procedures governing these cases.

Then, by seeking a qualified lawyer and working closely with them, you can work towards the best possible outcome for you and your child.

Contact Us Today

All fields are required. If you need immediate assistance, do not hesitate to call us at (866) 811-4255.

*information required
  • Confidential Consultation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.