20+ year of experience
Trial ready
Personal attention

Good People. Great Lawyers.
Outstanding Results. Find out if you have a case Find out if you have a case

Juvenile Dependency Attorney Irvine, CA

Juvenile Dependency Attorney Irvine

There aren’t many attorneys in the Irvine region who work in the highly specialized field of juvenile dependency law, let alone have the level of expertise the attorneys at All Trial Attorneys do. A juvenile dependency attorney in Irvine, CA, can ensure that you have an advocate throughout your legal issues if you are a parent and have been falsely accused of abusing or neglecting your children. Losing your child is probably one of the most challenging things anyone can go through, and our legal professionals are here to fight for your rights. 

What Is a Child Dependency Case?

In a child dependency case, the state makes accusations of abuse, neglect, or abandonment against a child. The state may also claim that the child’s parents are incapable of raising them. Therefore, the child will be placed in foster care or with a different relative if the court decides that the accusations are accurate. The juvenile dependency lawyer speaks up for the child’s interests at the proceedings or hearings.

What Happens to Your Child During the Juvenile Dependency Case?

The primary duty of the juvenile dependency court is to remove kids from dangerous situations where they could be abused or neglected. As a result, the court will probably take your child away from you when a child dependency case first arises.

In fact, throughout the juvenile dependency case, the court may impose any of the following:

  • Send the child to live with a relative or another close family member
  • Remove the child from the current property
  • Terminate your parental rights
  • Place the child in a foster home

Our knowledgeable juvenile dependency attorneys at All Trial Attorneys believe that being with their parents is the best option as long as a child is in a secure setting. Therefore, to help you retain custody of your children, our attorneys will advocate for you in juvenile dependency court.

When Is a Child Made a Dependent of the Court?

What does it mean to be a court-appointed dependent, and how does this affect your child? California Welfare and Institutions Code 300 specifies the conditions that must be met before a child can be considered a court-ordered dependent.

According to this statute, your child may be determined to be a court-appointed dependent if any of the following has happened:

  • According to WI 300(a), either the child has experienced severe physical damage, or there is a significant risk that they may (or both).
  • Due to insufficient supervision or purposeful neglect to provide the child with food, shelter, clothes, or medical care, the child has experienced (or there is a significant danger that the child will experience) serious physical harm or sickness (WI 300(b)(1)).
  • Because of your failure to provide adequate care, the child is experiencing severe emotional harm (or is in danger of experiencing severe emotional harm) (WI 300(c)).
  • When you were aware of your child’s sexual abuse, you did nothing to stop it (WI 300(d)).
  • The juvenile has experienced sexual abuse or is in danger of experiencing it (WI 300(d)).
  • The juvenile was severely physically abused by you or someone you knew or should have known was assaulting the child and is less than five years old (WI 300(e)).
  • Another child died due to you neglecting or abusing the (WI 300(g)).
  • Due to the loss of your parental rights or the termination of your parental rights, you have given the child up for adoption for 12 months (WI 300(h)).
  • The child has experienced extreme instances of cruelty (WI 300(i)).

Why Should You Hire All Trial Attorneys?

The California juvenile dependency attorneys at All Trial Attorneys have helped numerous clients like you obtain the ideal outcomes in their cases for many years. We have a high success rate when it comes to these cases. 

Our attorneys work tirelessly to fight for your rights. We understand that a child needs their parent, and most of the time, it is not ideal for children to be separated from their parents. This is more than just a case number; we value all of our clients and ensure that we have a positive attorney-client relationship with each and every one of you. 

Contact Al Trial Attorneys Today!

All Trial Attorneys will fight aggressively for your rights! Our skilled juvenile dependency attorneys are dedicated to upholding your parental rights. Before you lose your children to the complicated legal system, contact us for assistance. Fill in the online quote form or contact us at (866) 811-4255 for a free initial consultation. 


Can I Lose my Child Permanently?

Your child can be permanently taken away from you if it is decided that you are unable to give them a secure place to live. The juvenile dependency court process, nevertheless, is complicated and drawn out. You will have numerous chances to demonstrate why your child shouldn’t be permanently taken from you. To assist you in establishing this in court, you should hire an experienced lawyer.

Why Did I Lose my Child?

The Department of Social Services feels that the claims against you of child abuse or neglect merit further investigation, which is why your child was likely removed from your custody. If it seems like your child is residing in a dangerous setting, they may be taken away from you.

Do I Have to Report Child Neglect or Abuse if I Don’t Have Confirmation?

Most people are not obligated to report alleged child neglect or abuse. However, some reporters are required to notify Social Services if they believe a juvenile has been neglected or abused. Doctors, teachers, and other professionals who regularly interact with children are among the mandated reports. Even if mandated reporters are doubtful if child neglect or abuse actually occurred, they are still required to report the events.

Can my Child Live with Another Family Member?

You must speak with the social workers managing the case if you want your child to live with a family member or a close friend. Furthermore, you have to give social workers the names of probable relatives. Your child might be given to this relative or close friend if the social worker thinks they can provide a safe environment for them to live in.

Contact Us Today

All fields are required. If you need immediate assistance, do not hesitate to call us at (866) 811-4255.

*information required
  • Confidential Consultation
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.